There is a crisis happening in our very midst. Yet, it is one of which scarcely is spoken.
Consider the following facts:
- In 2010, 38,807 legal abortions were performed in PA.
- In Philadelphia, abortion rose from 16,627 in 2007 to 18,637 in 2008-- 357 lives are lost to abortion every week, or 51 lives every day.
- 41.8% of abortions are performed on African Americans even though they constitute on 10.8% of the state's population.
- In Philadelphia, 1 out of 2 African American pregnancies is terminated.
- Of the 95 facilities registered in PA with the Department of Health to perform abortions, more than 35 are located in Philadelphia. There are at least 15 abortion clinics within a 3 mile radius of the HOPE Center.
- 50% of all abortions performed in PA are performed in Philadelphia County-- which encompasses only the city of Philadelphia.
There is simply too much at stake for us to stand by and do nothing! Find out how YOU can make a difference.