Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The HOPE Center. We are able to serve as effectively as we do only because of the wonderful corp of volunteers we have been blessed with! Below are some current volunteer opportunities:
Have a direct impact on our clients as soon as they walk through our doors! Client advocates meet one-on-one with clients to conduct the initial intake and peer counseling session.
- Time commitment: At least 4 hours a week during regular office hours, for a minimum of 12 months.
- Training: Three full days
The “4th trimester” of a woman’s pregnancy is often the most challenging as she copes with the demands of caring for a newborn and learns how to be a mother. Mentoring moms come alongside HOPE’s new moms by offering practical support and biblical parenting wisdom honed by their own experiences as mothers. Volunteers can also help run a 6-week parenting course for our new moms.
- Time commitment for mentorship: Variable; mentoring moms create an organic relationship with a new mom. Weekly or bi-monthly communication is recommended, whether in-person or over the phone.
- Time commitment for parenting class: Approximately 2 hours a week for 6 weeks
- Training: Minimal
With every pregnancy, a man is involved. Many of the male partners of our clients lack positive male role models in their lives and consequently, do not understand what it means to "step up to the plate" when their partners become pregnant. Male volunteers can help mentor these men and impart to them a keen appreciation for their roles as fathers-to-be and how to support and respect their partners in a Christ-like fashion.
- Time commitment for mentorship: Variable; mentoring men create an organic relationship with their male mentee. Weekly or bi-monthly communication is recommended, whether in-person or over the phone.
We have a number of ongoing office projects with which we greatly need help. Your time serving at our office would be a great blessing to us (some projects can be done from home)!
- Time commitment: Variable, based on volunteer availability
- Time commitment: Monthly or weekly, receive prayer requests